E10K: Switching control boards
Standard disclaimer: Use the information that follows at your own risk. If you screw up a system, don't blame it on me...
Switching control boards is not something to be done lightly. At a minimum, you have to power off the entire platform and/or delete all your domains. Gee, where did my data go again?
To switch control boards, do the following:
- Power off the entire E10K except the control boards. If it's not possible to power everything off except the control boards, you'll have to domain_remove all the domains.
- Update the name service, if necessary, for the new control board address including the /etc/ethers if the mac address has changed.
- Run ssp_config cb on the SSP and specify the new configuration information.
- Reboot the SSPs
- Using hostview, ensure the J and C symbols show upin the display control board squares. This signifies that the control boards are active.
- Power on the E10K and/or recreate the domains.
- Use bringup to restart your domains.